Pages

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Melting...

As M explores Stockholm. G and I are hanging out waiting for the timer to hit zero.  For now here is the WWWWH of this stretch of our journey.
who needs clothes in this weather

WHERE

We are in Kennewick, Washington, which is one of the Tri-Cities: Richland, Kennewick and Pasco (and now West Richland, which will change the whole "Tri" bit).  For those of you who don't know much about Washington geography, we are located at the confluence of the Columbia, Yakima, and Snake Rivers in a place called the Columbia Basin. It is a widely assumed myth that Washington state is all rain and evergreens but here in the Tri-Cities it hardly rains and temperatures get to 100+, really a desert.  We are melting; I had to buy shorts and G spends as much time as she can in a diaper or less near or in water.
pool time fun

WHEN

We got here the day after Marc left and we stay until July 15 when we will head back to Seattle for a week.

HOW

My mom and dad drove over to Seattle, helped pack and ship us off, sent M on his way, and brought G and me back with them to Kennewick.

water park fun

WHAT

My family and I moved to Kennewick in 1982.  My parents still live in the same house for exactly 32 years.  It is always interesting coming back to a place that I am very familiar with but at the same time a visitor.  Luckily, I have great friends and family to visit with and enjoy the time we have here.  Some of the highlights:
1. Splash Gardens- it is sprinklers on speed and G loves it!
2. Storytime at the library, need I say more.
3. Naked baby running around after a bath.  (Sorry no public pictures, saving them for G's first boyfriend). As mentioned before it is HOT here and what better way to cool down after a long day of sweating but run around NUDE to dry off. (Nude Beitchman)
4. Blueberries-  Up until July 7 (Happy Birthday Grandma) G refused blueberries, she would spit them out. Then one day she decided to bite into one and proceeded to demolish off a pint of blueberries.
5. Friends- So far we have been able to visit with my longest friend, of exactly 32 years, and her family, my third grade teacher's daughter turned roommate and her family and family friends that have known me since I wasn't much older than G.
Soon we will meet up with a good college friend and his family and visit my friend recovering from a minor procedure.  We are very fortunate to be able to spend time and share Hambre the Monster cup with all of them and with you.

G's photo taking skills

WHY

You might be asking why didn't you just go over with M at the end of June.  Well that is much like an onion with lots of layers.  But the long and short of it is that we are minimizing the time that Team Green-Beitch has to live in a studio apartment, allow M to get into the groove without having to worry about G's groove and let me hang with family and friends.  

new night time tradition











No comments:

Post a Comment